Friday, December 21, 2012

Books

I obsessed love books. Everything about them makes me smile. The look, smell, feel of a book in my hand is magical. There is something about the mystery of a book that makes me want to open every one of them.

When I started working at the University I never really considered the books. But I have come to love the U with it's hidden stacks of books every where you turn.
UMN Historical Exhibit
 Walls of books, so old that they just call for you peer in with gentle hands and see what they have to tell you. Even walls of past textbooks make an impression on me. 

UMN Historical Exhibit (Nursing School Cape)

Couple that with the history that surrounds me here. The past seeps through at every turn. Begging to be explored. To learn the classics

Typograph made by me for Mouse
To quote Shakespeare and Bronte, to discover Tesla, to observe like Doyle. I long for days to wonder amongs the stacks to drink in the life that is offered through these books.

Join up or just go check out what the others are sharing.



~ Cassi

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a great picture. I love books too, especially the physicality of books. Your observation about finding them around every corner is really a beautiful image. Hopping over from InstaFriday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love stacks of books too! There's just something so inviting and peaceful about being surrounded by them. Great capture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books, too. Turning the pages. I don't think I will ever get an e-reader for that reason. // Merry Christmas. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess... I'm a book addict too! I'm so excited my mom is giving me two new books (and a talk video) for Christmas! :D Whoo Hoo!

    PS. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what is your favorite book of all time? I need a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...