Friday, November 16, 2012

The call to stay

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Stay
Dad & Me
Stay... My parents house, the house I grew up in, calls to me. I seek it's refuge in times of struggle and sadness. I seek it's embrace in times of joy too.
I am thankful for my parents to have offered that sanctuary when I was young and still offer it now as I have young of my own. 
Mouse and Me this week
I want to offer up the same security to her. I want her to feel the call of Stay.
Stay, lay down your burdens, lift up your joys, let go in these walls.
It's ok to be yourself here, you are loved.


Join up on either or both groups. Or just go check out what the others are sharing.



~ Cassi



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I like the reminder that as parents, we're intentionally wanting to provide a place of sanctuary for our children. Great words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. You are very blessed to feel that way about your parents home. Sadly, I think many people don't. I think it's great you are consciously trying to establish those same feelings for your daughter. Beautiful post. I'm stopping by from InstaFriday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ache to have a place to stay. I love that you are creating that for your daughter. We need those places don't we? Places that are home no matter how old we are. I'm stopping by from Lisa-Jo's today. So glad that I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gift you were given and what a gift to pass on to your own little one. This seems like the kind of sanctuary I so hope to provide for my own sweet ones, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jessica Thanks for stopping by. We never do loose that need to belong (Stay) some where.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @WICK, thank you for stopping by. Your comment made think of being more mindfull to be a place of sanctuary to those who's homes are not that my daughter may bring home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting from InstaFriday--what a sweet post!

    b @ then there was we
    www.thentherewaswe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...