Friday, September 14, 2012

Focusing on the light


Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Focus

As a photographer I am always looking for the light. I look for it add enhance my pictures. 
Taken of my computer screen by my iPhone

But light is more than just a picture enhancer. It is the piece that feeds the soul.  
Psalm 18:28 "You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light."
Out for a walk with Steve during lunch
  I need to turn and focus on the light more often, in my daily walk. Seek the guidance it gives.
Psalm 43:3 "Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell."

Mornings before work and school with Mouse
I want to take in the moments God gives me, see the light in all things. To remain focused on the blessing, not the negative.
Philippians 3:12-14 "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."



Join up on either or both groups. Or just go check out what the others are sharing.


~ Cassi

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Yes, great point, and great scriptures! And you know, I even think you look a little like LisaJo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post thanks for sharing the 5 minutes friday...looking for to visit more..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by from InstaFriday. Great post. I love your post. I need to focus on the blessing and not the negative. Psalm 43:3 is one of my favorite verses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent reminder! Amen, sista :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopping by from five minute friday, I had to read your post a few times, it gave me such peace, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a world that is saturated with negative news, we need to discipline ourselves to see the blessings and dwell on those. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so happy with the little one in the am picture. visiting from instafriday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "forgetting what is behind, and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal..." Yes! I needed that. // Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...