Monday, August 13, 2012

Mini-Boden Knock Offs

As a photographer (and magazine junkie) I get a lot of sales catalogs. The fashion ones gives me inspiration for photo shoots. They also give Mouse inspiration on what clothes she wants. But the catalogs with great pictures (Boden, Anthropologie, etc) also come with high price tags. With the amount she needs for school spending $26-28 on one t-shirt does not appeal to me.

But when Mouse picked out these shirts from Mini-Boden I knew I could make ones that were similar.
So she picked out some t-shirts and we got to work.

Then we selected the fabric and designs we wanted to copy. She picked the dog, light bulb and of course the mice.
I cut out all of the fabric and added iron on adhesive to the back.


I forgot to take a picture midway through of the mice shirt. Once everything was cut out I ironed them on to the shirts. Then added embroidery floss accents to the shirts for eyes, nose and tails.


And for the filament in the light bulb.  
I still may sew around them to make sure they stay secure. The bond that I use isn't that great in my opinion. If you don't get it hot enough it doesn't stay on the shirts but if you get it too hot then it comes off too.
Sorry about the poor quality shots, used my phone with low light never a good combo.

Check out my link up page to see where I post
Thanks
~ Cassi

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...