Monday, July 9, 2012

Hoop Art Tutorial

We go camping a lot which I love but I have been looking for something to work on while driving and sitting around the fire. I think I have found my new hobby. Hoop Art!
Hoop art is kind of the modern day embroidery . I have been so inspired by the works of this gal and this one.


I want to start with a simple pattern and I knew I want to mix in some fabric.
I started by picking a background fabric and hoop size. (yes, that is a second one behind there more on that one later) Then  I wrote out Grace on the fabric.

 After this part was embroidered I added some fabric a in pennant style.

 Finishing it off with a grey floss stitch.

Wanting to know more about embroidery stitch styles go here.
 Just wait I will have more styles soon. I am loving this new pass time.

~ Cassi



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love your hoop art! I also am loving hand embroidery recently. I saw your hoop on Sew Chatty's link party. My last two posts on my blog are embroidery posts. I would love for you to stop by. I am going to be your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower from Polly Want A Crafter. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. I am also hosting Mom's Monday Mingle. Love for you to join the fun ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow and the invite.

      Delete
  3. This is adorable and would be a fun way to use some of my fabric stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...