Friday, July 6, 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Story

I jumping back over to Five Minute Fridays with Lisa Jo today.
On Fridays we write, one topic, no edits. Just the pure form of writing to write. Join all of with Lisa Jo at The Gypsy Mama.
Topic: Story

I want to be a journalor (is that even a word). But I just can't seem to make it a habit.
Maybe I do in the context of the blog. But this not the truly personal or at least not right away. But I seem to think more than I write.

I have tried to get my story out a few time times. Steve and I bought journals in the midst of the Fires. They have a few pages of notes in them.
Then I saw Art Journals and  I thought yes, that is for me. This lets my creative side out and I will write while I create. I have about 5 pages done since January, I guess I missed a few days.

Then I saw Smash Journals and I thought this is it. They are do what you please type journaling. Because, you know, the blank pages of the others were to restricting. I can say our travel smash journals are the most I have come to journaling so far. Though they are less smash and more scrapbooking. But for now it's a start.
I am trying to get Mouse to journal more. She loves the idea of it. Mostly I think she likes to buy journals, diaries and sketch books. But in my desire for her to have a place of her own to write I keep buying them.

I guess like her I keep hoping that it will be the vessel that prompts me to tell my story as beautifully as the ladies here do. Someday maybe I will realize that it is my story not the vessel that is import.

Then again maybe I need to go get a new journal.

~ Cassi



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Keep working on journaling! I also love to buy journals....there's something about that blank page begging to be filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the 5 Minute Friday. I just recently starting journaling with fancy color pens and it's setting me free. I hope you will keep pressing in. You have a story to write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassi, I was reading a bit of your backstory about the fire. How scary and sad. We have had some major fires here in Colorado. Our cabin was spared two weeks ago. I can't imagine. Journaling is definitely healing and good! I keep a one-day one where I write just a paragraph a day. Very easy. God bless you!
    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...