Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hair Twists

This week for what I wore I realized I have no outfit posts! What how could that happen. Well let me tell you. I have explained how my office is freezing cold all day. To give you an idea I am wearing dress pants, a shirt and a sweater with a heated blanket at the office today. But once I leave the office I am melting in this 90 + weather and above 70% humidity. Which means I rush home and quickly change from my now damp and wrinkled outfit to shorts and a tank top or sometime straight to pajamas (boxer shorts and a tank top).
With this heat I am working on creative ways to keep my hair up off my neck. Here is a style I use to do all the time in high school and thought it was time to bring it back.


I start by making two pony tails close together at the back of my head. Then I take about 1 inch sections and twist until they curl up upon themselves. Once twisted I bobby pin them in place. I go through both ponytails this way until all the hair is twisted. Make sure you are covering the sides so no one sees the binders. And I take some of the center ones and curl them on top of others to add dimension.
And that is my twisted summer up do.

What are you wearing? Find out what the rest of blogland is wearing by linking up with the Pleated Poppy

 ~ Cassi



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing! I'm constantly wearing my hair thrown into a simple pony tail, this will be a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this is AWESOME! i'm so bad at coming up with things to do with my hair. LOVE new ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.....way too cute! I need to keep my hair up just about year round down here in Georgia. I even, at 44 years old, wear braids out in public....like pigtail braids down each side of my head! This seems very doable and super cute....and, perhaps, a bit more age appropriate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'll have to try it out. :) I'm all for keeping the hair up off the neck in this heat and humidity! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...