Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dependence



Wednesday night the Internet became unavailable at our house.  No big deal I thought, the router just needs a reboot.  Wrong.  I spent close to an hour looking at settings, rebooting and verifying why we could not get on the Internet.  Every device we had said it could connect, but web pages would not display.  Finally I sucked it up and called Tech Support.  Luckily they had a message up on the call line that stated users in Minnesota were not able to connect to the Internet.

The whole process made me realize how much we depend on ISPs for our home life.  Cassi could not update then upload photos for a client.  Netflix was offline (we now rarely watch regular TV, what are these commercials again?)  I had to work from home on Tuesday night, if the project I was working on would have been scheduled for Wednesday night I would have not finished it on time.
It can be stressful to think that a lot of our daily activities revolve around an ISP company.  We haven't had much issues with our ISP company, and I am thankful for that.  I'll check throughout the day to see if our Internet is available again at home.  Can we go two nights in a row being disconnected??

~Steve

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to this post. It is amazing how accustomed we've grown to having constant access to the Internet. I've been trying to go "unplugged" on the weekends. And when I can't make that happen, I at least try to go unplugged on Sundays. I've noticed it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...