Thursday, May 24, 2012

Radio Free

For the next two weeks SiriusXM radio is free to those who don't pay for satellite radio.  In our GMC it has an satellite receiver and I look forward to these free weeks that happen throughout the year.  I get to sample many commercial free stations, searching for new music.

What I am surprised about is the lack of country stations compared to rock stations.  In Minnesota, country stations are always in the top 5 for listenership, but rock music has morphed into many categories, hard rock, metal, alt rock, soft rock, ect. which may explain why in my SiriusXM sampling there are more rock stations then other styles.
My drive into work takes just over a half hour.  Long enough to test out what SiriusXM has to offer.  If my drive was any less I would not think the service is worth the money.  I'll get the increase in mail from SiriusXM, stating what a good deal their packages are.  I've thought about it, but in the end, regular Twin Cities radio suits me just fine.

~Steve

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...