Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pallet Planter

Thank you Pinterest for the idea of a new planter. I have been looking for a way to get a lot of herbs planted on our deck. Then I saw this planter made out of a pallet on Pinterest and I knew it was what I was looking for.
My Dad picked up a pallet for me and Steve got to work.
First he fixed one of the slats and then sanded the whole thing. Next he added yard plastic to the back and inside.

Then he added more slats to the back to enforce it.


He ended with added a base to the pallet so the dirt won't fall out.

This weekend I filled it with dirt and herbs. So far so good  it last the mass rain we had here this weekend. I hope it continues to work, I am looking forward to some fresh herbs this year.

Check out our link page to see where we linked up our pallet garden.

~ Cassi




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I want to see how this works out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were featured!
    http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/05/handmade-features_31.html
    stop by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...