Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Minute Fridays~ Delight

It's Friday with Lisa - Jo and that means it's time to write. We write for five minutes unedited on one topic. Then link up with the rest at The Gypsy Mama.
Topic: Delight

This winter has been mild for Minnesota. Today will get to forty again. (Yes, that is mild) It has been easy to Delight in the days.
I am a spring through fall person. Winter is not my style. In fact if I had to pick just one season to live in. It would be spring. I love the smell of the damp earth. The mist hitting your face in the time before day and night. I love tights and wellies and light jackets.
I can Delight easily this winter when it feels like spring.
But I need to learn to Delight in all seasons.
Every day isn't perfect.
Some days the mist is sleet stinging my cheeks.
But there is a reason for each season of my life
I need to trust that there is something to Delight in each one. 
a picture of Mouse just because

~ Cassi


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Awe yes, what a great reminder! We need to learn to delight in all seasons. Great post today. Be blessed, Tirzah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Wisconsin, so I know all about delighting in these mild winter days!! {that picture is beyond cute!!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn't this weather been great! And thank you for the compliment of Mouse.

      Delete
  3. 'I need to trust that there is something to Delight in each one. ' Love that. Good reminder for everybody, I think. Me,at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you live in the wrong part of the country if you're a spring through fall fan. ;) Enjoy the mild winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely!! I keep begging to move but so far none of the extended family wants to move with us

      Delete
  5. I think our Father takes delight in us when we delight in the world He made. (I delight in milder weather too.) And that photo is simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mouse does such a good job modeling for me.

      Delete
  6. Good for YOU for making the choice to delight in them ALL! I have also been working on delighting in ALL of the seasons. In the past couple of years it has really gotten to be easier - just with the anticipation of just a few days of season appropriate activities to look forward to. I think these few days help me to appreciate the rest of the days as well because I learned to love my least favorite season by doing this. It is really cool! :D Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm... maybe delighting is connected to contentment. Hadn't really thought of that before. Sometimes I wish for snow, but I know it must be hard when it goes on for so long.

    Gorgeous photo of Mouse! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...