Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday ~ Shorts & Tights

I have loved the shorts and tights look forever. (Honest, I used to wear this look in Jr High, granted it had more of a Punky Brewster vibe back then.) I hope this a more refined grown-up approach to tights and shorts.
This is what I wore to the theatre. Steve took me to see Sherlock Holmes Final Adventure at a local community playhouse. Being a complete Sherlock Holmes fanatic fan I was very excited to see this production. But in being a crazied fan makes seeing remakes hard. I have read all the stories twice (once as I bought them and then once in Chronological order). I can easily point out mistakes and character flaws. But I am ok when companies do adaptations of Holmes, like the BBC version that sets homes in a more modern day setting. Love that one, if you haven't seen it you need to. You can catch the first three episodes on Netflix.
So this is what I wore to the theatre:
Jacket: Thrifted
Tights & T-shirts: Target
Shorts: too old to remember
Booties: Macy's
Necklaces: Gifted and Avon
Earrings: My Great Grandmother's
Oh and did you see the new haircut. I got about 5 inches cut off and had swoopy bangs added. I am still getting used to it. But when groupon offer a $23 haircut, style and deep conditioning treatment you have to go for it.
I did not wear these earring with the outfit since I just got them. But I wanted to showcase them. I got these at my new favorite store, The Vintage Gypsy. I love them.

Want to see what others are loving right now click over to the Pleated Poppy and join us in What I Wore Wednesday.

Cassi
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Those earrings are AWESOME! I'm a sucker for a dangly earring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty new haircut! :) Love the shorts and tights... I'm doing that today as my bday outfit! :) I met "Punky Brewster" once at a party when she was about 10... she was funny and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leggings with the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your hair!! And those earrings! And the outfit! I guess I am just loving this whole post. Oh and I can't wait for the second Sherlock Holmes to come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C>U>T>E outfit! I love the tights under the shorts (my daughter is a sucker for that style, too but she mostly wears tights unders skirts). And btw. I think your hair looks great, too! :)
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...