Friday, November 4, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ Remember

It's Friday

time to join Gypsy Mama in writing for five minutes on the topic she gives us. Are you ready for some unedited words on

Remember...

I am going to be an Aunt soon. This will be the only other child beyond our own in the family. It's a new experience for us all. And after eight years of one Grandchild my parents are excited to say the least.

But for me it brings up all the bitter sweet memories of Mouse. Those days when people say it goes so fast. And as a new parent you think it will never be forgotten.

Now the years have slipped by. Those memories I thought I would always remember get fuzzy. There grows an ache to hold her, swaddled in a blanket again. To stop the evil time that keeps on going without my approval.

To see this small woman child here beside us makes me almost weep with from lost moments.

To see this small woman child here beside me makes me weep with what is yet to come.

I pray for moments to come that will be remembered.
~ Cassi

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The moments do fly by much too quickly, and slip away much too easily. Our daughter is 2 and there are things that I thought I would remember forever, that I've forgotten until something reminds me of them.

    Congratulations on being an aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories not forgotten ... just fuzzy. Lovely. Thank you for sharing your family with us. I'm glad to have met you.
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God that fuzzy memories are still there! I'm trying to blog and write in my journal about the little things more, so I will remember them. This is a good reminder... :)
    Hugs,
    Corine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand. My daughter is 6! Thankfully I recorded her a few times as she began to toddle. I could have never imagined that I would have forgotten that she called a banana a "balaa" and stuff life that. Fuzzy memories for sure.

    Even today there are things we should absorb that will be precious memories in a few years.

    Bless you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small woman child... sigh. Yes it does go by so quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...