Friday, October 7, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~

I am starting to look forward to Fridays for more the just the end of the work week. But to enjoy the freedom in writing Five Minute Fridays give. Join up in the freedom at Gypsy Mama.

Five minutes of writing on the topic... Ordinary  Starts now.

I have always had a grass is green complex. (or so I have been told) The ordinary in others always seems more exciting than the ordinary of my own.

But when I get to the greener grass I start to see the brown Ordinary grass shooting through theirs too. Then the process starts all over again.

I am learning to seek out the green in my own yard. Understanding the ordinary life of mine is green. There is love, comfort and history in the ordinary moments.

This weekend I will delight in the ordinary and seek out the green.

~ Cassi

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cassi, I struggle in the same ways. But when my eyes were open to seeing that we all struggle and no one is any better than another, truth changed everything. Seeing our own Green is beautiful worship. Your words are my song today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Cassie. It seems to be a universal challenge to see the green in our own circumstances as well as we see it in others'. "Seek, and ye shall find..." good for you for seeking out the green! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- I'm the same way! I remember wondering when I was very young (like five) why I always wanted the toy my brother was playing with until I actually had it...then it seemed boring. Remembering to enjoy the here and now and what I've been given already is a daily challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love this! Me too. I totally relate to this post. And like you, I've discovered that the other side isn't greener over there. . . .

    Looking for the ordinary with you this weekend - and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true! I couldn't have said it better myself. It's very easy to think someone else has the better life when you don't see the stress or problems that they have. We all have our ups and downs, what matters is that we always try to make the best of the life we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. delight in the ordinary and seek out the green---YES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said... I'm learning to find joy in the ordinary, too. Have you read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp? So good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...