Monday, October 24, 2011

Fairy Tea Party

I completely forgot to put a post together for yesterday.  Mostly because this weekend flew by. Mouse had a Fairy Tea Party Saturday morning (more on that in a minute) then we had a Halloween party (more on that later this week). Sunday we did home projects. Tons of home projects. Steve and my Dad finished almost all of the electrical work (trying to save money after this). It's great to have handy guys around. Then Steve and I worked at putting the ceiling tiles up. And since my arm is still causing problems by the end of the weekend we were too tired to even think of picking up a mouse (computer mouse).But today I am back on track a little.
Steve and I make to do lists and put them out on the counter so we remember what is still left with the basement. Every time Mouse sees a new list she adds have a tea party to the bottom of the list. So for October's to do list on the top of the list I wrote have a tea party. She was soo excited when she saw it.
Mouse wanted a Fairy theme party. She is completely focused on them lately. She reads the Spiderwick Chronicles and the neighbor girls reads Rainbow Fairies and then they swap Fairy stories on the bus. She decided on a purple and pink with a little green (because "Fairies live outside Mom"). Mouse, my Mom, Steve and I made tissue paper flowers, Fairy Dust bottles and Mouse made the place setting cards.
The tutorail for the tissue paper flowers can be found here. Thanks to pinterest for finding it.
Mouse planned a menu of cucumber sandwiches, pimento cheese sandwiches and chicken salad sandwiches. Second course was scones and cream with jam. For the final course her and Grandma made cupcakes and butterfly chocolates, we also added strawberries to the plate. OK, in truth beyond Mouse only one of the girls ate all the sandwiches. (I love that friend of hers) But really all the girls were so well behaved and seem to have a good time.  
Later they made fairies out of clothes pins. I should post a tutorial on those. Hope all of you had a magical weekend too.

~ Cassi
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You are the coolest mom ever! What a fun idea and one that Mouse will always remember. I like that little cucumber sandwich eating friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I'll bet they had the most wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...