Friday, September 2, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ Rest

Here I am again linking up with Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Friday posts. She gives us a topic and we write unedited, un-judged for 5 minutes. Here I go:

Rest...

Today I am Resting in the knowledge that God has this all worked out.

I am patiently waiting for news on my Grandmother. She was diagnosed with Breast cancer last week. And is having surgery today to remove the breast.

She is 84 years old. She is the name sake of my child.

Rest.. remember to Rest in Him. That will be the mantra of my day. As I tear up thinking of the unknowns will she make through surgery, will they get all the cancer, will she..... Rest in Him..

As I try and answer her Great Granddaughter's questions on what is happening. I struggle to remain strong.

I will teach her the mantra..

Rest in Him


~ Cassi

5 comments:

  1. I am visiting from the 5 Minute Friday today. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I am saying a prayer for her now. Asking for God's healing and for peace to surround her and your family. I know this must be a trying time for you. May you rest knowing He keeps you in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via 5 minute Fridays and am liking it here.

    Praying for your grandmother and hoping her surgery and treatments go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many friends who are breast cancer survivors. I am sure your grandmother will live through it. Lots of rest n no stress life would be best. Of course she has to be an optimistic person to outlive those cancer cells.

    Do take care of yourself. Only when one is well one can take care of the sick. May your grandmother recovers soon. Wish you well n happy always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw praying for you and the best kind of rest is resting in Him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...