Friday, September 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ Joy

Starting the Five minute Friday with Gypsy Mama. Write your own and link up with the rest of us. Five minutes of writing on one topic.. no edits.. no re dos.
So here it goes

Joy

Finding Joy has been a struggle for me in the past year. So many times the past steals the Joy of the moment away.

I seem to live in a state of "if only" the my Joy would last.

But in these times I know that I am trying to have lasting Joy through my own works and decisions not His.

True Joy can only come through the one I turn to last. When the fires finally consumed everything then I turned to him.

But it is still a struggle to remind myself to turn to the Joy Bringer in all things

Big...small...
Happy...Sad...

Through God I will have lasting Joy, through him the past will no longer rule my present.

~ Cassi


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Cassie, that is beautiful! I'm impressed, and proud of you... for learning to find joy through having faith in God and His ways, and living in the present. WAY TO GO! :D Keep it up; in time, you are sure to become a pro at living with joy!!!

    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nieghbor...great post...i love...through Him the past will no longer rule my present...great take away.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'when the fires finally consumed everything, then I turned to Him'...isn't that amazing (I guess, sad really) how we all wait until there's nothing else but Him...instead of going to Him first. Loved this post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassi, oh how I can relate to your words! I am burdened by the past and the "if onlys". I, too, am trying to work through this. I found supernatural joy during the darkest days, but I can't seem to find it in the every day. Thank you for your story and words. They are a blessing. Have a good weekend! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this post! What a great line that is so very true..."Through God I will have lasting Joy, through him the past will no longer rule my present."

    xoxo,
    Maria {The BMC Report}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...