Monday, September 19, 2011

Sausage and Potato Soup

One of the things I love about crisp Autumn nights is homemade soup. There is nothing better than warmth and comfort a bowl of soup brings. Our first one of the season hit the spot perfectly.
Ok I am a little Rachel Ray-ish when I am cooking. To many times I start a recipe only to figure out mid-way through that I am an ingredient short. So here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 kielbasa, diced
4 large yellow potatoes, diced
1/3 white onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 celery, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
3/4 bag of frozen corn
some onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper all to taste
1.5 cups of milk
1.5 cups of chicken stock/broth
1 bag of cheddar cheese, shredded
Throw the sausage and onion in a large pan and slightly brown the sausage. Add chicken broth, carrots, celery, potatoes, corn and jalapeno. Cook until veggies are tender. It will look like there is not enough chicken broth don't add more. (I did and I shouldn't have) Then add milk and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. Serve with crusty bread.

~ Cassi

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...