Tuesday, August 16, 2011

People of a Second Chance...Could you forgive?

One the sites Steve and I follow regularly is People of the Second Chance (POTSC). POTSC is in their words (because their words are perfect):"People of the Second Chance gives voice to a scandalous movement of radical grace in life and leadership. We challenge the common misconceptions about failure and success and stand with those who have hit rock bottom in their personal and professional lives. We are a community that is committed to stretch ourselves in the areas of relational forgiveness, personal transparency, and advocate for mercy over judgment.
We are not ashamed of our scars, wounds, or failures and leverage them as a source of strength and character development.
People of the Second Chance have experienced a second chance so we actively support social justice organizations and advocate for the vulnerable, forgotten, and left behind."

According to their site: "POTSC is launching the NEVER BEYOND Poster Series: 25 posters representing well known historical, current and fictional characters who are believed to have harmed society. This campaign consists of digital and print posters and the full collection will eventually be displayed as a touring art exhibit."

The first poster was not who I thought it would be with all of history to chose from. But instead they chose someone recently impacted American culture.

Recognize it? Truthfully, I didn't. As of late I follow little media. But once I understood who it was Casey Anthony, I understood why they chose this one. I know little of the case or decision by the courts. But even me with my limited knowledge had my heart seized at the thought of treating her with forgiveness. My maternal instincts kicked into overdrive.

What would I do?

What would you do?

I don't know. Given my past experiences with something similar, I can't say I did a good job with truly forgiving. But I pray that I would be different this time. Now that I understand forgiveness a bit more.

Let me know what you would do in the comments.

~ Cassi
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cassi- I have not done a good job at truly forgiving at all. BUT, being POTSC has challenged me to dispense grace in a way I never have...
    thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't recognize Casey Anthony until you said it. I think this will be a wonderful series and an interesting and provocative way to start the grace discussion.

    I can't wait to see more of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite a thought-provoking post. It almost seems easier to forgive the people who directly wronged you than it is to forgive a public figure like this, and poor Casey Anthony, it seems like almost the entire country needs to forgive her. You've made me really examine my own heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...