Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Human Crash Test

Trip Advisor
We spent this weekend in Preston, Minnesota at a small camp ground. We went there for Steve's family reunion. The campground it's self wasn't much to write home about. But it was nice to see some of his extended family and catch up on life.

For the most part we sat around the bonfire sharing snacks and chats. The real fun came on Saturday though, when we decided to go tubing down the Root River. Oddly enough I can't remember if I have ever gone tubing before. The Root River (where we were) is pretty mild.

Or that is what most people will tell you. But for me it was one hazard after another. I seemed to run right into every tree or rock that jutted out of the river. And I don't mean lightly, I have scraps, dents and bruises to prove it. At one point in time I flipped off the tube, chipped my tooth and lost my shirt all at once. I wasn't wearing the shirt over my swimsuit at that time, the shirt happened to be laying across the tube) Thankfully some skillful kayakers came by and found the shirt for me.

In other parts the river was so shallow we have to yell "butt up" so everyone knew to pull themselves on top of the tube so their butt won't scrap the rocks. Mouse thought this was the funniest part of the trip.

An hour and half later we made it back to camp in one (if not slightly battered) piece.

I can't wait to go again, bruises and all!

~ Cassi


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you chipped your tooth, you poor thing! I'm glad you still had fun, bruises and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! :D I'm glad all the bumps and bruises were worth it! :) I have plenty of scars on this bod to prove my active life... it really is soooo worth it!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...