Monday, June 20, 2011

Bird Shirt Tutorial

I saw a shirt at Target with these cute birds on it that had the outline of the bird embroidered over it. But it was in the little girls section. That's not going to work for me. So I got to work on a blank t-shirt and some fabric that I had in the craft room.
 I copied the shape of the bird on to the floral fabric and then straight stitched that on to the shirt. I left the edge raw to get it worn looking.
After the fabric was on I laid the bird design on top of the shirt and with a white colored pencil I traced the outline of the bird until it ripped the paper and went on to the shirt. I know there is probably an easier way to do this but this was all I had on hand. Then I got some brown embroidery floss and hoop. I followed the white outline with a daisy chain stitch. That was it the shirt was done. 
~Cassi

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. adorable!! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassi, thanks for leaving me the comment last week (WIWW). I love this post! I keep putting off a sewing project and you have inspired me to just "dig in" tonight! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...