Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday - Braids

Now that my hair is back to being straight. I have been playing around with different styles. Mostly braids! I love that they are back in style again. they add such a touch of whimsy to a look. The first braid I tried was pretty subtle, in fact I only braided it because the flower I made won't stay in my hair otherwise.
Sorry no outfit picture of this one. I accidentally deleted. But I can tell you the hair flower made by me; Necklace was from Maurice's and the tank top was from Macy's.
The second braid I tried was a bit more noticeable. It started from the top of my head and swooped down the side. It wasn't quite the look I was going for but I wanted more of how Maegan has hers here.  Isn't hers cute!?!
 Instead I just have a small one strand braid off to the side. But it was a good start. I will practice more and show you if I come up with a better braid look.
My outfit for the look:
Jacket: Thrifted
Tanks: Target
Pearl Necklace: Gift from Steve for our 11 year anniversary
Jeans: American Rag
Bracelet: Vintage shop
Shoes: So old I have no idea
So what do you think of the braids? How do you wear them?

**Also remember I have a Dayspring Giveaway going on till the end of the week, click here to see more***

4 comments:

  1. Well done! Love the jacket and the jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - and I am sooo into braids right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the braid!! My mom used to make me wear two braids one on each side growing up since I had so much hair...only special occasions was I allowed to wear it down...haha

    Thank you so much for linking up!!! That jacket is great and I can't wait to see what you link up next week! Thank you for joining in!

    Shana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...