Friday, May 20, 2011

11 years today: his and hers post

Steve
I guess it is fitting that we are celebrating 11 years today. In all that has gone down these last few months years it feels like we are starting back at year 1. (In my head you just drop off one of the 1's, written it doesn't make as much sense.) In many ways I think this is a good thing. This restoring we are doing. The foundation we have been working on is starting to take root.
A lot of that has to do with you. You are truly starting to be the lead in our family. It is amazing watching you open up to God and his calling for you as a husband and a Dad. I know we have a long way to go still but every day you remind me to hope in our future together. And for that I am grateful. I am remind of the Sanctus Real song “Lead Me”
"I look around and see my wonderful life
Almost perfect from the outside
In picture frames I see my beautiful wife
Always smiling
But on the inside, I can hear her saying...
Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, what about us?
Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone”

Thank you for hearing my cries. To see you fight for our marriage is amazing. And I know with God's help, I will not feel alone anymore. And that our house will finally be a home. So though I can't say this is a happy anniversary, I can say I look forward to what this next year will bring for us.
~Cassi

Today I have been married for 11 years, let me tell you about my wife:
11 years ago was a wonderful day.  Warm, bright sun, family in from all over.  11 years ago I married the woman I love, Cassi.  A few weeks ago Cassi mentioned she is not the girl she used to be, I said right away that she is the woman I love.  11 years changes everyone.  We became parents, where is the book on that?  We changed jobs, lived in apartment, townhouse and two houses.  Found a church, became active in the church. 
I still look at Cassi and remember the first time I saw her and the instant WOW thought.  I still say WOW.  It's a deeper wow, wow on her accomplishments, wow on her creativity, wow on the woman she has become and yes still wow on her beauty.  I am so proud of Cassi.  Proud to be married to her, call her my wife, talk to people about her.  I am proud of the family we have become.
Happy 11 years Cassi!!
~Steve

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding!! Here's to many more years together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love that you two are teaching people that marriage is not just an easily won happily ever after. It takes work. It takes really looking in the mirror. But, it is so, so, worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...