Monday, April 25, 2011

Starburst Ribbon Pin

This Christmas I made Mouse a white dress and jacket. For Easter I decided to repurpose the dress to get a little more use out of it. Since she is growing like a weed lately, I figured I didn't have much time. I asked Mouse to pick a spring colored ribbon and this is what she chose. Ok, really she chose pink but the store was out of pink ribbons and this was her second chose. Which I am very happy with.
I tacked (made small handmade stitches every two inches) the ribbon on to the front of the dress and left the back long so we could tie it in a bow. I wanted a center broche to add some fun to the dress. Here is how I made the pin:
I took some white felt and cut it into the size pin I wanted.
I then took the yellow ribbon and cut it into 1.5 inch strips. I added a strip of hot glue along one edge and rolled the ribbon. I then hot glued the rolls onto the felt in a sunburst patteren.
I did three layers of the rolled ribbon. Hot gluing them to each other as I went. I then hot glued a rhinestone button to the center and a pin to the back. Here is the finished look, this is Mouse and her Great Grandma Lil.
~ Cassi

2 comments:

  1. wow - how incredibly clever - you could make them a little bit smaller and add them to their hair or even better add one to a gift bag...

    TFS
    tina
    embellishments by tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com for Share the Wealth Wednesday and link up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...