Thursday, April 14, 2011

Learning How To Smile

I have asked to participate in the Bright Forest Blog. I tease that I am hijacking the blog but really I want to be involved and work Bright Forest together. I only read a few blogs and they are sports related. This is my first post, ever.

Smile...it is something I rarely do. Take the picture for example. This was taken in Seattle years ago. Great trip, great weather, not a great smile. I was having a good time that day too, catching crab that we would cook up later and something called a dog shark that had some sort of stinger on it. Why am I not smiling? Easy answer, didn't know I was getting my picture taken.



















Real answer, hate getting my picture taken because I don't have a good smile. Most pictures I don't have a smile or it is a forced smile.


I am working on changing this. Working on Restoring the Bright Forest with smiles. More smiles at home, in the vehicles, anywhere. More jokes, teasing, fun stories. Why?? Because we both need and want it. Cass reminds me daily to smile and I love that she does this.


In looking for pictures I went through our Jamaica pictures from last year. I chose this pic to show what I want and work toward. Big smile and closeness. And an awesome shirt I just gave away last week!



~Steve

3 comments:

  1. The shirt is not awesome.. :) So glad it is going to goodwill! Thanks for joining in on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Steve! Congratulations on your first post. Great job! What a wonderful goal to work on... more smiles. Smiles and love and closeness. Such an important part of marriage. The photo of your wife and you truly smiling is precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! It takes lots of courage to put your writing in front of people. I love your goal to smile more. I imagine your little mouse would be delighted to help entertain you to help you to that goal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...