Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boasting in Weakness

In 2 Cor. 11:21-30,"....If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." Paul doesn’t tell us these things to boast in how he took all this suffering and adversity like a man—he does it so that we might know that God will always give us more than we can handle. He ”boasts of the things that show my weakness” (v. 30) because those things show his (and our) dependency on the power and mercy of God.

Last week I talked about anxiety and how only through God do we receive the ability to handle what he gives us. But this week I am taking a different look on it. In this passage Paul talks about showing his weakness. It is in these weak moments that we truly let God shine in our lives.

I am weak. That is tough to say. I want to be strong but when we talk about being strong it is in context of our own strength. That is not where I want to be strong.

We, as husband and wife, are weak. We have tried to live our lives the way we see fit and look where it got us. (here) But now we are looking at strength from for a new source.

It is through the weakness that God will bring great things. We bow humbly before him boasting in the weakness of ourselves. So that his plan for our lives may shine through. Steve and I talk that some day we hope God has a plan to use what we are learning together for his purpose. To really make something beautiful from this pain.

1 comment:

  1. That song gave me the chills.

    May God bring beauty from ashes, turn mourning into joy and dancing, and replace your despair with a garment of praise.
    May He plant you and your husband as oaks of righteousness by His streams of life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...