Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I wore Wednesday

As I set out to restore myself, there is one area I am needing to work on, my self-esteem. I have always been easily hurt and hold others opinions of me to heart to much. I need to start accepting who I am and how I look for me and not someone else. This will take time, I am aware of that. But I thought I would take strides to push myself out of my comfort zone.
I have done the self portrait challenge on flickr to forcing me to take picture starring me but even those were not of the whole me. I took a lot of head shots, hands, feet etc.. But not the whole picture me. I have always been very body conscious and struggle with any weight gain. Once Mouse was born I strove to remove this from my daily life but I realize I just internalized it more instead of embarrassing myself.
So today I start with one small step. Posting pictures of me, all of me. It might seem to some that it is simple and pointless but to me it is a start.
So here is what I wore this week

Day 1: Walking around the mall
Sweater - Target
White flower pin- Made by Me
Tank - Thrifted
Jeans - American Rag
Boots - Bass Outlet
Sunglasses - Target



Day 2: Church
Sweater - Thrifted
Long sleeved tee- Old Navy
Jeans: Express
Boots - Bass Outlet
Turquoise Jewelry- since high school

I know bad pictures taken with my phone. One in the dressing room and one walking out to church taken by Mouse.

For my nine to five life I work in a business casual office. I tend to stick to blacks, grays, and browns to make life simple and classic. But I am trying to throw some color into the mix

Day 3- Work
Sweater- so old I have no idea
Long Sleeve Tee- Old Navy
Dress Pants- Kohl's
Necklace - Gift from Mom


Day 4 - Work
Sweater - Target
Tank - Target
Skirt- Don't remember
Boots - DSW
Necklace- Maurices
Over the Knee socks-Target
These socks are really outside of my comfort zone.
What I learned: I need to find a place to take pictures with better lighting and possibly not use my phone for the pictures :) Linked to Pleated Poppy What I Wore Wednesday party.

6 comments:

  1. You have great style! I love your argyle tights. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfits! and I agree with kate, the tights are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the argyle tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the gang honey, and it may feel silly and awkward but it will be worth it. I too love the the last look with the argyle tights/socks. Have a great week lovely. axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting from the Pleated Poppy. Welcome to WIWW!!! I can totally relate to the feelings you were talking about. You look great and it was really brave of you to get out of your comfort zone and try something new. I like all of your outfits--cute, fun and casual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have always been and always will be a beautiful woman inside and out. I remember when I used to babysit you - you just pulsated joy and happiness! Don't let the devil try to steal that from you because you don't look like Hollywood!!! Easier said than done, I know....I have the same issues and I am not brave enough to post pictures of the real me yet - but I will work towards it because of your example!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...