Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I wore Wednesday

As I set out to restore myself, there is one area I am needing to work on, my self-esteem. I have always been easily hurt and hold others opinions of me to heart to much. I need to start accepting who I am and how I look for me and not someone else. This will take time, I am aware of that. But I thought I would take strides to push myself out of my comfort zone.
I have done the self portrait challenge on flickr to forcing me to take picture starring me but even those were not of the whole me. I took a lot of head shots, hands, feet etc.. But not the whole picture me. I have always been very body conscious and struggle with any weight gain. Once Mouse was born I strove to remove this from my daily life but I realize I just internalized it more instead of embarrassing myself.
So today I start with one small step. Posting pictures of me, all of me. It might seem to some that it is simple and pointless but to me it is a start.
So here is what I wore this week

Day 1: Walking around the mall
Sweater - Target
White flower pin- Made by Me
Tank - Thrifted
Jeans - American Rag
Boots - Bass Outlet
Sunglasses - Target



Day 2: Church
Sweater - Thrifted
Long sleeved tee- Old Navy
Jeans: Express
Boots - Bass Outlet
Turquoise Jewelry- since high school

I know bad pictures taken with my phone. One in the dressing room and one walking out to church taken by Mouse.

For my nine to five life I work in a business casual office. I tend to stick to blacks, grays, and browns to make life simple and classic. But I am trying to throw some color into the mix

Day 3- Work
Sweater- so old I have no idea
Long Sleeve Tee- Old Navy
Dress Pants- Kohl's
Necklace - Gift from Mom


Day 4 - Work
Sweater - Target
Tank - Target
Skirt- Don't remember
Boots - DSW
Necklace- Maurices
Over the Knee socks-Target
These socks are really outside of my comfort zone.
What I learned: I need to find a place to take pictures with better lighting and possibly not use my phone for the pictures :) Linked to Pleated Poppy What I Wore Wednesday party.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...