Friday, February 11, 2011

Inspire Me Fridays


online source
I have been on (In) Courage a lot this past week. The support there is amazing. For those that don't know what (In) Courage is they sum it up best:
"When we asked ourselves what kind of place we were building, we finally came to see it as a bit like a beach house. You can put your sandy, dirty feet on the coffee table, laugh late into the night with friends, and also hear God’s voice clearer than perhaps anywhere else. Life just feels more vibrant and real, as if you’ve stumbled upon a glimpse of heaven and it’s nothing like you ever imagined but everything you’d always hoped... We’ve said from the start the beach house isn’t ours. It belongs to God and we’re its caretakers. In the first year, we built it, started decorating, moved in, overcame obstacles, got settled, and shared it with our friends. Now we have the opportunity to do some new things and really turn it into God’s dream house. The best is yet to be!...Most of all, we’d want you to know that in answer to your question, we didn’t find this place…it found us. In so many ways, for so many reasons, and we will never be the same. Then we’d smile, hand you a key, and say, “Welcome home.”
It is a place for Christian woman to communicate with one another beyond the blogs.
So I threw out a question for the group. I asked which marriage help books would they recommend and they answered. They gave titles, reasons and heart-felt (in) couragement! I thought I would share them here for those that may need some ideas too.
The list: (click on any title and it will bring you to Amazon.com)

For Women Only

For Men Only
Love and Respect

The Love Dare Day by Day: A Year of Devotions for Couples

The Excellent Wife

Sacred Marriage

Power of a Praying Wife

10 Great Dates to Energize Your Marriage(what a good one for Valentines day)

(The links are not to draw business to Amazon, I just know when I get a book title
 I look there to see the premise of the book and the reviews.)

I hope the list inspires you too.. I know it did me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...