Monday, February 21, 2011

Mac & Cheese

My comfort food of choice is MAC & CHEESE!! I so love mac & cheese. I mean I can eat any kind from the cheap Kraft box style to gourmet fancy restaurant style. This weekend I made a new style of mac and cheese. Thanks to Bon Appetit latest magazine with new recipes. The cover alone would have made me buy it.
But thanks to a lovely gift subscription from my Aunt and Uncle I get right in my mailbox.
We tried the Pimento Mac & Cheese recipe, if you would like to try it click here. I did double the amount of Mozzarella Cheese it asked for, from 1 cup to 2. I am very glad I did this since I am pretty sure I added more noodles than it called for the extra cheese was needed. It was soo good. Hmm.. A third helping would not be good right..


3 comments:

  1. This was a good change from the regular boxed mac and cheese. The bread crumbs and extra cheeses made the noodles stick together but that created big yummy forkfuls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That looks GOOD! I had the Kraft kind the other day and they changed the cheese sauce and it's icky! The girls wouldn't eat it and neither would I...but that homemade version looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! I've really been loving the Whole Wheat Kraft kind, but I am definitely going to have to look into making some from scratch...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...