Monday, January 10, 2011

For the Newly Weds

This was my big project over the holiday season. I wanted to give my brother and his new wife something for Christmas that represented their recent wedding. I looked and looked for the perfect frame that was also reasonable in price. I couldn't find any. So I decided to make this for them.
The larger portion is made from a piece of plywood. The center is a regular frame purchased at a local store.
Want to know how the scrapbook paper made it on to the wood click here...
For the final touch I added their last name and ext.2010 to the design freehand with brown acrylic paint.
I think they liked it. I have really enjoyed making this one and the two for our room, that I am thinking of trying to sell a few on Etsy.
And, yes I do know the picture doesn't fit the frame. But my printer is completely on the fritz (is that the right way to spell that word?). So I left it this way and they can pick which picture they like then.

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE IT. I want to make one for my family! What a great gift idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I'd love to try that.
    I made a prayer scrapbook for my mom this year. Photo gifts are so much fun to make and gifts that keeps giving. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...