Monday, November 1, 2010

Ruffle Shirt Tutorial

So I did get that shirt done this weekend. It was soo easy to make, I think it took me maybe 2 hours and that was taking a break for breakfast. I bought a new white tee at Target. I wanted to make an angled ruffle (one to cover the stupid little pocket that is on this shirt and two because I like the angle).
Then I took two old white t-shirts that I was going to throw away. I cut the old ones into 5 inch wide stripes.
I laid out the strips to see where I wanted them. Then I ran them through the sewing machine at the longest stitch setting. Pulling the top string, I gathered each strip. and the relaid it out on the shirt and pinned them in place.  
Then I ran the whole thing through the sewing machine on the normal setting. And here is the final product. I am very excited on how it turned out.
Link Party at Polly Want A Crafter

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...