Monday, September 13, 2010

Towels, New Towels, I got New Towels

I am sure others are not as excited by new kitchen towels as I am. We have needed new towels for the kitchen for ages. When it comes to the basics towels, socks, flip flops... I am sooo cheap. I will buy the cheapest and let them completely run out or get holey before buying new ones to replace them.
But then I found these two beautiful place settings with embroidered birds on them. Two place settings doesn't really work for a family of three, so here are my new towels!
So instead of two place settings that would do me no good, I made towels. Which I did need. How did I make such beautiful towels I am sure you are asking your selves. (Ok it wasn't that hard but humor me please) I cut the bottom 3 inches off the place setting and added it to store bought hand towels, then added some ribbon to the top and bottom. I know, you were thinking this was going to be hard but it was so easy. But, I didn't stop there:
Then I made more towels out of the place settings! I cut squares out of more of the burlap style place settings. Then I embroidered some birdy designs on them. I bought some muslin and cut that into a dish towel size. Do you call the dish towels or drying towels? I always go back and forth on the term. But anyways then I added more of the ribbon to this one also. I do hope these dry as good as they look, a little worried about that. But I googled dish towel material and muslin is what came up for choices, then I called Grandma just to make sure google was right, and she said the same thing. Oh and I didn't stop with four towels, I was a towel making machine this weekend.

I made one more drying or hand towel. Again the same process as the other drying towels, just this time I added it to a store bought hand towel. So my sweet clearanced out place setting became 5 new towels for my kitchen. I think I did quite well.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm. I need some kitchen towels, and I LOVE birds. (hint, hint!) :)

    Cassi, you are amazing. I can sew but I could never do this no matter how easy you say it was! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kandi
    Lets grab some fabric and you can come over, let the girls play and you can chat while I sew.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...