Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finding my Prayer

 
Roy Lake, MN

  This is my brand new day starting now
I let go the things that weigh me down
And rob me of the beauty thats to be found
And life all around
And this is my prayer without ceasing, the negative releasing
And as I rise above, my burden is easing
 

Sure I get that, it makes sense. Or at least it use to before life started to really get hard. For some reason prayer was easier as a child and then as a youth. I remember the day I felt God's embrace. I was a small child at the time and had fears of the dark. My parents told me to pray for God to watch over me and "go back to bed". I did as I was told and only with the excitement and wonder a child can have ran back out to the living room proudly proclaiming that "I felt him!" I felt in that instance God's arms around me giving me the peace I needed. 

Red Rock Camp, MN
 I bring the pure flow like water around
The rocks of life won't pull me down

I bring the pure flow, drink so deep
The river of life, my soul at ease
I bring the pure flow like water around
The rocks of life won't pull me down
I bring the pure flow, rising above
The storms of life to live and love


But then came the ROCKS! Life with all of its Storms or burdens and distractions. I am always on the go with little time in between. Life has not been an easy road. I know that it could have been a lot worse, a lot. And maybe that is what stops me, my life has been wrought with rocks, not boulders. I have made bad choices and I have made some great choices. I know that some friends and family will  stick by me no matter what choices they are. Is that why I don't fall to my knees more. Do I replace God with my support network?

This is my brand new day starting now
Letting go of the ways that I fall down
The old can be made new, the lost can be found, the lost will be found


The Lost can found., really? Can I go back to the child like faith I had so many years ago? I go to pray now, sure I do.. at church, at camp, at times of great trial or those times when you are sure the car behind you is going to hit you and it doesn't... I say a quick prayer of thanks. But I know I need to go for the everyday stuff. The little stuff, the I am afraid of the dark stuff. And I have a lot of STUFF going on.

And this is my prayer without ceasing, the negative releasing
And as I rise above my burden is easing

 And there in lies the issue how do I make time to pray? And to pray with out ceasing for the small stuff and big stuff. Thankfully we have an all loving God that answers even when we haven't given a completely to prayer. I needed a new job for my health, for my family and for my self worth and he provided, even when all I did was send out a small prayer on a commute one day. Wow, think what he could do with my life if I really set time a side to pray again! If I listened and felt like I did as a child.  Would I be able recapture some of that excitement and wonder of God that I had? 
Roy Lake, MN

My soul is at ease and I am free
My soul is at ease and I am free
This is my day, my soul is at ease and I am free

-Pure (lyrics) - Superchick

4 comments:

  1. Great post and lovely photos!

    Compassion Sunday - went well, I think. Our church is small (about 125-130 on Sunday morning). I primarily used the presentation in the CS booklet, and I used the video. The CS table was set up at the back of the church, to the side of the doors, so that I wouldn't block traffic, but you wouldn't miss me either. I ended up with 7 sponsored Sunday. We are giving them one week, so that people who wanted to pray about it or learn more have an opportunity to do so. So hopefully by this Sunday, all of them will be sponsored!

    Good luck with your CS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog and photos sis, Prayer is so very vital to our living. Prayer changes things. God bless you and thanks for your respond to the Prayer Thought on Blogfrog..I am looking to start it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a beautiful post and a really lovely blog. Im really enjoying visiting with you,
    Hugs,
    in His Grace,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics, Cassi. And a thought-provoking post. Sometimes I look at the girls and think, "Enjoy this time when you're little because it's not always fun being a grown-up!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...