Friday, November 20, 2015

How Lovely is Your Dwelling Place

This is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Dwell
How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD ...” ~ Psalm 84:1
In studying this chapter of Psalm there is debate over whether David is referring to heaven or to the church. The more I think about it the more it doesn't matter, both can be right and both are right.

What joy for those who can live in your house, always singing your praises” ~ Psalm 84:4
God's joy handed down in worship that surpasses all other feelings.
As I have said before I am not much of a singer, in fact it is rare that I sing outside of while driving or in the shower. But the song  made from this passage gets me every time.  It fills me with the peace knowing that this moment in worship is better than anything else I could be doing.

"Better is one day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else!” ~ Psalm 84:10
And that is why they are both right.
One day in worship of God is better than a thousand elsewhere. So whether it is in a church here on either or in heaven the importance of this verse is that we are seeking his court.
~Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...