Friday, October 2, 2015

Weekend of Us

This is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Family
 
 
 

This past weekend Steve and I took a much needed us only trip. Its always hard for us to do because Mouse is so much fun to travel with. We love seeing new places with her.
But as a friend said the other day "I love you but one day you are going to leave the house and I still need to like your Daddy". I loved that.
It's so true!
It's important to date your spouse.
We talk about how important family is and it is!
But part of our family is the relationship I have with him. We learned the hard way what happens if you don't tend to just us.
So we take these weekends away and make the most of them.  
We hiked and talked. None of the conversations were life changers in themselves but as a whole they are. They change our focus from outward to inward, from me to us.
It is that new focus that we come home and are family grows stronger.
~ Cassi 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...