Friday, May 8, 2015

Meet in the Middle

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Meet

Watercolor made by me
"I'd start walking your way
You'd start walking mine
We'd meet in the middle
'Neath that old Georgia pine"

~ by Diamond Rio

 
Not that my painting above is a an Old Georgia Pine, nor did I have this song in mind when I painted it. But when I look down at that solidary tree, I can't help but thing of meeting under it's branches. This old country song always made me wish for fence posts and pine trees. To have the spot where you would go to meet.
 
"We'd gain a lot of ground
'Cause we'd both give a little
There ain't no road too long
When we meet in the middle"

~ by Diamond Rio
It was later in my marriage that I learned the real point of the song. Not the seclude tree, in some fairytale pasture where all life's problems get worked out, but in the compromise.
The hard worn road between the two that was were the magic really happened.
It was the give and take of a relationship that made it, not the perfect romantic spot.
 
"Babe I love the way we work it out
That's what love's about"

~ by Diamond Rio
It was there in the song all a long. I just didn't want to hear it. I wanted the easy road. But nothing easy is ever rewarding. It is knowing you worked, fought and held on, that makes it amazing.
Because love can be amazing. Not the Hollywood version of romantic, lustful love but the real thing. The Old Georgia Pine kind of love.
~Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...