Friday, May 1, 2015

A Door Once Opened

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Door
 
"A door, once opened, may be stepped through in either direction."
~ Reinette Poisson on Dr. Who
 
Many doors open in my life. I open doors to new jobs and I step through with excitement. I have opened doors to travels and again I step through with no hesitation.
I watch as the things step through in the other direction. Work brings me stability and challenge, Travel brings me new experiences and adventure.
I open doors and hesitantly put one foot through the threshold. I give a bit of effort but not as much as I should. I will instead watch as more comes through to my side of the door than me on their side.
Some doors I open and I never step through. I wait and watch and see if I like what they have to offer on my side first.
I do this more often than I care to admit, open a door and yet never step through.
How I want to embrace all of life fully, and yet I hesitate on the edge. I hold on to the handle refusing to let go of the door.
Some days I need to be reminded to let go of door and move inside.
~ Cassi
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...