Friday, January 9, 2015

Sitcom Life

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Welcome
 
We've been re-watching Friends this week,  because who isn't. Thank you Netflix to remind me of my 20's. I watch their daily, nightly and anytime in between coffee breaks. Seriously didn't they have to work a full day?? And I think on how easy breaks were in our late teens and early (for me really early) twenties. We had more time, less demanding jobs and larger groups of friends to make it possible. But as we get older the group shrinks, along with our free time. All of a sudden we are working at 7am and running the kid to volleyball at 6pm. Where did that leisure time go?
I want to have daily coffee dates on our front patio. I want long talks and lots of laughs.
I want to live in a sitcom.
Then I stop and shake of the feeling. My life will never measure up to television. I know that, I really do. Because, when I give a realistic look back to my twenties they were a Friends episode either. The stressors of that time, dating, work, school, then getting married, having kids, etc.. Took up all of our time too. Yes, we had more free time but it we filled it up with errands just like we do now.
And I am OK with that. It makes the times when I do get a quick chat in even more special.
We have made a point to be welcoming and have extended out an invite to all.
Though our life may never measure up to the lives of television, its OK.
In fact it's better than OK, it's exact as it should be for this season of our lives.
~Cassi


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Cassi- I too have been watching Friends and thinking about the times before things felt so intense and full. I loved your pictures on this post too. They fit so well.I have longed to go back to "more simpler" times too, but the more I've thought about it, the more I'm not sure it was more simple or even better than what I know now. Thanks for your post. It was refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thoughts!

    I agree that "the good old days" weren't as perfect as we tend to idealize, and that we are just where we're supposed to be today.

    My favorite aspect of sitcoms is that every problem is resolved--usually in a happy ending--within half an hour. If only that were true in real life. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...