Monday, January 26, 2015

Pioneer Woman Mushroom Stew

At Christmas time, I made Pioneer Woman's Burgundy Mushrooms. Seriously, these things were soo good!! Everyone loved them. The recipe makes a lot and we have a small family so I had a bunch left over. So, I decided to make stew. 
Ingredients: 
2 cups Pioneer Burgundy Mushrooms, sliced in half
1.5 lbs. Stew Meat
4 cups Beef Broth
2 tsp Worchester Souce
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Smoked Sea Salt
Pepper to taste
2 Bay Leaeves
2 Cups diced Potatoes
1/2 cup diced Carrots
1/2 cup diced Onion
2 tbsp of Corn Starch
 I placed all of these ingredients in a crock pot. I placed it on low for 6 hours.  If after 6 hours the meat is still too tough let it cook for another 2 hours. Once it is ready add the corn starch (mixed with a bit of cold water) and then wait for a bit till thickens.

  The stew turned out as good as the mushrooms. I think it was one of the best stews I have made in a long time. It wasn't  as thick as I normally make stew but it was still so great. I can't wait to make the mushrooms and the stew again.
 ~ Cassi

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...