Monday, December 15, 2014

Award Winning Reuben Casserole

The recipe that won me the neighborhood casserole competition. OK, we don't have a annual casserole competition or anything but last year we did have one. And I won!! Which is highly unlikely because I am not a casserole fan. In fact I am not a fan of my food touching, this means casseroles are not my first choice for dinners.
So, when I do have to make a casserole I always turn to this as my go to recipe.
Reuben's are also one of my favorites sandwiches. This recipe takes the sandwich and lets you feed lots of people without the cook eating after everyone else.
Ingredients 
1 package of Corned Beef (chopped)
1 can Sour Kraut 
1. 5 cups Thousand Island Dressing
2 cups Swiss Cheese
6 slices of Pumpernickel Bread (chopped)
3 Tbsp of Butter (melted)

In a 9x13 casserole pan, layer the chopped corned beef, sour kraut and then Thousand Island dressing. We only put the sour kraut on half because Steve hates it. 

Then added the cheese to the top of that. Next you will layer on the cubed bread and drizzle the butter on the top. Then bake in an oven at 400 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. 


It is so good and you will have to trust me because once you take a chunk out of the casserole it doesn't really look good. The casserole just kind flattens all over the plate so I didn't post a picture of that. So trust me and try my award winning recipe. 
~ Cassi


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...