Friday, September 19, 2014

A Soft Knock

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Hold
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. ~  Revelation 3:20"     
"Anyone who hears my voice"... Those are the words that make this passage so hard. Though a lot take this verse as when you accept Jesus into your life, I still stumble through it even 30 years a Christian.
I want to hear the voice. But I am always hesitant to say that was it. That was the Voice. I know what God is calling me to do. My fear in life is will I hear the knocking on the door.
Doors are from our trip to New Hampshire this past May
Will God through an opportunity my way with a soft know that I am to busy to hear? Anyone else with me on this?
We hear the Christian clich├ęs of Him closing doors and opening others. But what if the door isn't closed by him but by me. I am just to afraid to open the door. If I miss his call due to my own fears.
My five minutes are up, I have no conclusions or words of wisdom to do it better, just a pray to hear.
~ Cassi
Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...