Friday, September 19, 2014

A Soft Knock

Today is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Hold
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. ~  Revelation 3:20"     
"Anyone who hears my voice"... Those are the words that make this passage so hard. Though a lot take this verse as when you accept Jesus into your life, I still stumble through it even 30 years a Christian.
I want to hear the voice. But I am always hesitant to say that was it. That was the Voice. I know what God is calling me to do. My fear in life is will I hear the knocking on the door.
Doors are from our trip to New Hampshire this past May
Will God through an opportunity my way with a soft know that I am to busy to hear? Anyone else with me on this?
We hear the Christian clichés of Him closing doors and opening others. But what if the door isn't closed by him but by me. I am just to afraid to open the door. If I miss his call due to my own fears.
My five minutes are up, I have no conclusions or words of wisdom to do it better, just a pray to hear.
~ Cassi
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Perfect for me to read today. It is hard to wait for that knock, and it can also bring a lot of fear. Wonderful post!

    Coming from Kate Motaung's FMF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing the best thing. Pray. And ask for His will to be done. Then rest in that.

    Visiting from FMF.

    http://iamclothedwithjoy.com/2014/09/19/hold-this/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, life is messier than we expect. But the simple longing to hear His voice shows His work in you. Be encouraged. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...