Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Asian Chicken Rolls

chicken, zucchini, carrot, roll, asian
Pampered Chef is still one of my favorite cooking companies. Yes, I know there are better brands. Yes, there are cheaper brands. Whichever way you look at things but to me this brand has never failed. No, I don't sell it though I have thought about it a few times because I love their products so much.
Though I use their products almost everyday this past year or so I have really neglected their cookbooks. So this week I dug them back out and started our menu based on their Grill cookbook. The first recipe we chose were these Asian Chicken Rolls.
Ingredients
Glaze
3 tbsp (45 mL) honey
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tbsp (15 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix (or 5 spice powder)
 
Chicken Rolls
12 chicken tenders (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g)
1 tbsp (15 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix (or 5 spice powder)
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
2 large carrots, peeled
2 medium zucchini
chicken, zucchini, carrot, roll, asian
The carrots and zucchini we had to ribbon with just a basic peeler due to the fact that we suck at using our mandoline. But I think this way worked just as good. For rolls, flatten chicken to an even thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer (I love this product, I have never used the pointy side but the flat side comes in handy for so many things). Combine chicken tenders, seasoning mix and soy sauce in bowl; stir to coat.
chicken, zucchini, carrot, roll, asian
Layer the carrot, zucchini then chicken and then roll, piercing with a toothpick to hold in place.
 
chicken, zucchini, carrot, roll, asian
According to Pampered Chef: "When grilling, stand rolls up and place them onto the grid of the grill, chicken end down. This prevents the vegetables from sticking to the grill grid and tearing." This is so true. And these little chicken rolls cook really fast. But while they are cooking make the glaze which is also fast to prepare.
chicken, zucchini, carrot, roll, asian
For glaze, whisk together ingredients in bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for1-2 minutes until mixture comes to a boil and is slightly thickened. Mine never did thicken but I think it was OK that way and it was really tasty on the rice. Set glaze aside for serving.
For the rice we just cooked it in the Large Micro-Cooker, seriously our most used product! Then we added some minced carrots and green onions.  
chicken, zucchini, carrot, roll, asian
 
I would definitely make this dish again. It was easy and had a simple elegance to the presentation. No, this wasn't a paid endorsement of Pampered Chef, I just really like their product.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we did.
~ Cassi

 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...