Monday, July 7, 2014

Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe

stuffed red peppers, mexican
In my perusing of Pinterest the other day, I came across this recipe of stuffed red peppers that I knew I had to try. Then I did a quick run through of what I had at home and realized I could come close without buying to many new items. That is always a good thing in my mind.
 
Ingredients:
Red Peppers
Hamburger
couscous
black beans (drained)
Corn
Taco Seasoning
Cumin
Cheese (I used queso but any kind would do)
Cilantro
Avocado
stuffed red peppers, mexican
Start with slicing the red peppers in half length wise and placing in a 9x13 pan. Start pre-heating the oven to 350.
Next I cooked up the hamburger (you could use turkey to be healthier but I had hamburger so that is what I used). Once the hamburger is cooked and drained; added the taco seasoning and cumin, to you taste level.
While that is cooking up I made a box of this to added to the mix. Then when this was ready, I added the black beans, couscous, corn and cilantro to the hamburger.
Then take this mixture and disperse it among the red peppers. Once they are ready I topped them with queso cheese.
Then added about 1/3 of cup of chicken stock to the bottom of the pan, cover and bake for 40 minutes.
stuffed red pepper, mexican
Serve with fresh avocado and cilantro. It was a great recipe and we'd definitely make it again. The possibilities are endless with this recipe. I am thinking up a Mediterranean one next time, some kalamata olives, feta cheese and spinach.
How would you make it?
 
~Cassi
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...