Monday, July 21, 2014

Olive Tuna Sandwiches

Mouse loves tuna melts. They have to be her favorite sandwich of all time. We like them too but after awhile it gets kind of boring. And who wants to eat hot sandwiches in the middle of summer. I decided I wanted to come up with a new tuna sandwich. I did a bit of Pinterest searching and found this recipe. For the most part if hit what I wanted it to but there were a few ingredients that just didn't work for me, like green beans. So I decided to change it up just a bit.
Ingredients:
Loaf crusty French baguette
Basil leaves
1 tbsp garlic minced
2 (6oz) can tuna
3/4 cups Kalamata olives chopped
1/2 cup green olives chopped
1/2cup sweet peppers chopped
1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
1/4cup Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 jar or can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Now comes the easy part mix all the ingredients together except the first two. Slice baguette in half length wise. Spread mixture on one side and add basil leaves to the other. Press sandwich sides together and eat.  
I really liked this sandwich and so did Mouse. Steve was not so sure about it. I also had it the next day for lunch and it was just as good. I would add less oil next time it seemed a bit to much. I am also glad I added the second can of tuna or it would have been mostly olives which isn't bad but just not what I was looking for.
Final thought is I would make it again, it fit the summer sandwich requirements.
~ Cassi 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...