Friday, June 27, 2014

Wandering in the Desert

Today is Five Minute Fridays There is no link up today just a prompt.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
 
Topic: Lost
My own drawing after a sermon last week at Red Rock Camp
Sometimes I feel like I am lost, wandering a desert of silence.
I long to hear God call to me.
Call to me with direction
with a goal
for a purpose
 
But I hear nothing
Silence fills my days and I trudge on
Sliding through the desert wondering if I am going in the right direction.
Or have I just stopped at a mirage
a glittering spot that looks right but
is distorted by my own want.

So I am lost wandering the desert
like those in the past
I am coming up on forty years
maybe then I will be given the promise land.
Like those in the past

~ Cassi
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. There are days when I feel lost and have to remind myself I have been found! There are days when for much of it I am not where I want to be - but He wants me there to bloom riotously in the daily! Praying that you bloom riotously where you are - even if you are not where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im turning 40 next year...expecting great things for the 40s! :) Love your poem. (visiting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...