Friday, October 25, 2013

Working on Together

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.
Topic: Together
Steve and I both work outside of the home, between that a side business and an active 10 year old, live gets busy. We weren't very good at carving out together time before. Now we have realized we have to make it a priority, otherwise it doesn't happen.
That means we have to look for things to do together. Last weekend we took Mouse to a haunted mystery walk through a local historical site. It was cheesy and not that great but she liked it. And that to me is all that matters. She loves history, so finding things to do that embrace that is key for me.  
But it's not just finding events to go to. It's also carving out dinners together between work and volleyball and conferences and.... It's making a point to be together, showing her and each other that we want to be together. It's essential.
I hope it fills her heart and Steve's as much as it does mine to see these pictures, pictures of together.
 
~ Cassi










Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It's not as easy as one would think to carve out that special time. Your family is lucky that you're aware of this and intentional about it. I can certainly learn from you!
    The pioneer museum is Gibbs Farm near the state fair grounds. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :D I just LOVE this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. That photo of the three of you together is PRICELESS! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...