Monday, July 1, 2013

Grilled Veggie Pasta

We are not ones that regularly eat vegetarian meals. Even when we make vegetarian meals I normally add some type of meat. But this time I decided to just keep it veggies. It started with a lot of vegetables chopped into chunks.
The recipe called for eggplant, zucchini, squash, onion and we added sweet peppers. We gave them all a pretty rough chop, in hind sight I should have cut them more evenly to allow for more even cooking. 
We took all of those and tossed them with some olive oil before put them on grill. We let them get really soft and charred. While they were cooking I went to make the pasta. It was then I realized that I didn't have enough penne so I had to mix in some shells which was annoying to me but still tasted the same. 
I also made up the dressing that went over the veggies. 
This was chopped cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. I didn't really measure these so it is just to taste. 
Next we took the veggies off the grill and added them to the drained pasta.  
To finish it off I topped it with a mix of Italian cheeses. I have to say I was quite impressed with the amount of flavor the veggies imparted to the pasta.  

This recipe was adapted from (of course) a food network magazine recipe. I have to tell you to give it a try it was a great way to have filling pasta during the summer months.

~ Cassi




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...