Friday, May 31, 2013

Letting imaginations roam

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Imagine
I have realized this past week that imagination is needed for me. I flourish, heal and grow through it. I also realized that I am surrounded by people that support that and encourage it.
This past weekend Steve and I participated in a Mystery Dinner with our neighbors. Everyone got into their characters and got in costume. It was a wonderful night for laughter. So much needed with the heavy of life, this night of frivolity.

But it's not just games of fancy that feed my soul. I need to create what I imagine in my head. Whether it's drawing, painting, crafts or doodles on a napkin. It is there that my imagination can be set free.

Drawing by me

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Albert Einstein

It's with that quote I hope to bring up a knowledgeable daughter. Knowledgeable in know that there is so much more out there then what we see before us. That great art and a great life start with imagination.


 ~ Cassi

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...