Friday, May 31, 2013

Letting imaginations roam

Fridays I fluctuate between Five Minute Fridays and InstaFriday. But we are all community here, right? They can be combined into one post.
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from this week that match the words of this week.

Topic: Imagine
I have realized this past week that imagination is needed for me. I flourish, heal and grow through it. I also realized that I am surrounded by people that support that and encourage it.
This past weekend Steve and I participated in a Mystery Dinner with our neighbors. Everyone got into their characters and got in costume. It was a wonderful night for laughter. So much needed with the heavy of life, this night of frivolity.

But it's not just games of fancy that feed my soul. I need to create what I imagine in my head. Whether it's drawing, painting, crafts or doodles on a napkin. It is there that my imagination can be set free.

Drawing by me

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Albert Einstein

It's with that quote I hope to bring up a knowledgeable daughter. Knowledgeable in know that there is so much more out there then what we see before us. That great art and a great life start with imagination.


 ~ Cassi

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love your owl! It made me click over from FMF and I'm glad I did. Thanks for sharing your words and pictures--I enjoyed how you connected them both. Stopping by from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool owl! I think the need to create is a thing the Lord gave us as mothers. I have a deep desire to make things and my hands are always busy with a project. How fun that you have neighbors that you can enjoy! Stopping by from FMF! Keep writing and creating! Imagine the possibilities! Love your quote also! Spoke to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I so agree - there are a lot of things that feed our souls. It's fun to read about yours and it's neat to see how it plays out in your life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your owl is cool! There are so many things that keep our imaginations alive! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun dinner! I've always wanted to do one of those! I love to use my imagination to play a character. :)

    You owl is adorable, and I love seeing the things you imagine and create! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...