Monday, January 14, 2013

Mulled Red Wine

This year I got a nice gift from my co-worker. I love these surprise gifts, especial homemade ones. She gave out little bags of what she called potpourri  or mulled wine mixes. 
Just opening the bag smelled so good. 
I decided to use the bag over the holidays to make some mulled wine. 
It contained sugar, cinnamon sticks, cranberries, cloves and an orange. 
I took the bag and added a bit more sugar and another cinnamon stick. I dumped that in a large saucepan with a bottle of sweet red wine and a cup of brandy. Then I simmered it all together for a good hour on the stove. I wish I would have used two bottles of wine after that. There was a lot of evaporation.
Next I strained the wine with a sieve and put it back in the pan to keep warm.
I served the wine with floating cranberries. I think it turned out so good. It gave the red wine a really deep flavor.

I hope you enjoy

~ Cassi







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...