Monday, November 12, 2012

Hoop Art

This summer I took up the hobby/ craft of embroidery. It is a nice road trip project. In getting inspired I saw a lot of mixed media hoop art and I fell in love with the style. I have also liked mixing up the background with patterned fabric. This one I used a clip are design of a sewing machine. I blew up the picture and traced it on to the fabric using carbon paper.
 The fabric piece is a bit of vintage quit fabric I had on hand from Mouse's baby quilt.
It works perfectly into my growing collection of hoops.

~ Cassi


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the sewing machine one. You should do some tea towels and sell them or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...so creative, love it babe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...